Mundus Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mundus Family

Where the outcasts come to play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rambling Riot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Riot
Admin
Riot

The Rambling Riot Empty
PostSubject: The Rambling Riot   The Rambling Riot I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 am

Hello, outcasts!
I am aware that the focus of Mundus is a little foggy to a lot of you, so I have decided to start this little blog here to keep track of my ramblings as to what exactly Mundus is as well as my opinions on things. Feel free to add your own posts and ask questions here as long as they are on topic or related to Mundus (off topic posts will be removed).

So, let's get started. Most of you know me already, but for those of you that don't my name is Queen Riot Mundus. I am the admin of this forum and Queen of the Mundus Family and clan. I wrote those guidelines in the News and Announcements Forum.

I suppose I will start by telling you some history. A while ago, I started playing a game (who's name I won't mention). It was a text-based game. For those of you who have never played a text-based game on the internet, a lot of them rely heavily on clans and families built within. It's just the way things work there I guess. Well myself and a former friend started a e-family there called Tepes. I guess you could say that was my real introduction to the online world, as well as families and clans. Long story, short the family failed. While I wasn't the leader, I was second in command. I did learn a lot though. I learned a lot about leadership, and people, and how people think. Originally, I was going to restart Tepes myself with this new idea I had, but there was just too much bad karma around it. I did keep the name on the game though.

That leads me to Mundus. When we realized restarting Tepes was a bad idea we decided we needed a new name. It was put to a vote, and Mundus won. It has many meanings. I believe it was the name of a demon on Devil May Cry. It also has a Greek/Roman mythology connection which I love. It's translation from Latin means "The World". I thought it was interesting.

Now, I will tell you the purpose of this little group.
For those of you who haven't noticed, humanity is corrupt. More so then usual. Just a few months ago an 18 year old boy was murdered over $50. While I enjoy money as much as the next person, I don't think $50 is something to kill over. Children are losing their minds and shooting up their schools. We are at war over oil and religion. We are in the middle of what is being called the Second Great Depression. To me, it seems the number of trully good people is decreasing. Although I believe there is good in everyone, people don't seem to be embracing it. Humanity is a great thing. Since the beginning of time we've been building, creating, learning, and advancing. Always humans want to be better, they want to make things better. Humanity has made beautiful art, music that sings to your heart, and scientific and technological advances that we thought would never be possible. However, it appears humanity as a whole is turning away from all that. I mean.. Young children think killing is fun, and I don't blame video games for this. I blame the parents that never taught their children the difference between real things and video games or movies. Also, while we are on the subject of parents, they seem to be the worst. Abandanning their children, beating them, even molesting them. In my opinion, that is just plain ridiculous, and it seems to be more and more common. Discrimination is also a problem. Still to this day people are discriminated against because of race, sexual orientation, etc etc. Bullying is such a problem in school and on the internet. It has gotten to the point where kids are scared to go to school, and some even commit suicide because of it. I really don't care if this ever gets recognized as a real problem. But I feel it is my duty to put this out there if no one else will, and hopefully encourage a better future. Humanity is supposed to be good.

Now don't take this as an anti-discrimination group, or an anti-bullying group. This is much bigger than that.

I guess that is the end of my rambling for today. I feel I've expressed my point. I will try to do these as often as I can. Hope everyone enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
https://mundus.forumotion.com
Riot
Admin
Riot

The Rambling Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rambling Riot   The Rambling Riot I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 am

well.. After a few months of nothing, I've decided it's time for me to rant again.
I want to talk more about what made me want to start this forum. In my last post I mentioned Tepes, but I didn't really explain how that fits into Mundus.. As stupid as this may sound I grew very close to the people I met in Tepes. Of course I'm very aware they weren't my real family but it gave me a feeling of having a "best friend" and a place that I could talk and speak my mind without being criticized or judged. I've never really had a long-term best friend.. They come and go. After Tepes fell, and the people I grew close to were gone, I felt lonely. I started thinking, I can't be the only one that feels this way. After reaching out to some friends, and some friends of friends I realized I most certainly am not.
I thought, how awesome would it be to have a place to go where I could talk about my interests, and display my creations. I searched the internet for a community such as this. Most of the places I found, like most places on the internet in general, had people that were cruel and "trolls". It wasn't a community, it was just a website.
After that I started really digging into news stories, and some other stuff.. And I really began to see that humanity, as a whole, is not in any way getting better. Of course, I don't mean every single person is bad. In fact, I believe that every person is good. It just seems that people are not embracing the good.
Maybe I shouldn't be one to judge humanity as a whole.. So I will let you judge for yourself. Take a look around, on the internet, and in life. Look at the people, their actions, their words, their intentions. Look at people in other countries; who have no food, no shelter, no possessions. While you sit there on your computer or ipod reading this. Look at the past, primarily racism in all forms and the fact that we still have not completely moved past it. Look at your government(in the U.S. at least, although I imagine other places have problems as well), are they really doing what's best for your country? Watch the news.. Research some news stories.
Look at how many children are abducted off the streets. 30 years ago, you could let kids play on the street or around the neighborhood and not have to worry. Today? Parents are afraid to let their kids out of their sight. Then there is the other side of that, there are children who are abandoned and neglected by their parents. Some are even viciously abused physically and sexually by their own caretakers. And by abused, I do not mean a spanking when they've done something bad. Regardless of whether or not that has become illegal in the States, I think that is perfectly acceptable. I mean parents who beat their kids nearly to death for no reason.
Even animal cruelty! Watch one of those animal police shows. Look at the horrible things these people do to their pets. Not all of them are on purpose, but just.. Why? What did that animal ever to do to you to deserve to be left to die, or even beaten nearly to death?
And criminals? Don't even get me started. I think somehow people are increasingly becoming more stupid. Watch Cops, or any other real life police show. Look at the stupid things people do. I don't totally agree with all of them, but most of them are just ridiculous. It doesn't help that we've been taught if caught by the cops to deny everything and demand a lawyer...
Anyway, I'm sure by now you get my point.. My vision for Mundus is for it to be a positive community. A place to promote learning, and good times, and creativity. A way to show what we are really capable of.. A safe haven, if you will, to talk to other people that have the same interests you do. Or maybe even to talk to someone with different interests, so you can learn. A place to discuss current events, and even to raise awareness of real problems. A place where you can display your creations, and receive real constructive criticism from people that know what they're talking about. I want a community where people don't have to be afraid to speak their minds, and where people know what is appropriate to voice.
Hopefully this will help to better explain my vision, and help visitors understand what we're about..
Think that's enough rambling for today Razz
Back to top Go down
https://mundus.forumotion.com

The Rambling Riot
Page 1 of 1